Saturday, October 3, 2009

Recycled material covers

I found a great tutorial on how to convert old sweaters (mainly their sleeves) to longies that I have been wanting to try out. I followed the directions but got a little confused on a few directions. It says to cut the extra material off so I cut it and then ended up with a really small waist plus I sewed it together and then pulled the other leg out the seam was wrong. Think about a pair of fleece pants with the seam inside on one leg and the seam on the outside of the other leg. That's what I did *oops* Anyway after unpicking and trying again I got a pair of fleece longies from the sleeves of a fleece sweatshirt. Then I decided to use the cute Mickey Mouse embroidery on the shirt as the back of a cover. Here are the finished pictures.


No comments: