Friday, September 25, 2009

Homemade stuff

I have been trying to save some money lately because of this economy and to make things more easy if I can make it myself. I've been making different cleaning supplies. I make my own diaper detergent and it is so easy to make. I found all my ingredients in the laundry isle of the grocery store and all of them are pretty close to costing $5 or less and it makes a lot of detergent.
The recipe is:
1 cup Oxyclean Free
1 cup Washing Soda
1 cup Borax.
I have a front loading washer and I only need 1 TBS for a light/small load and 2 TBS for a large load or very dirty load. I've been using it for a while and it is doing it's job. No fragrances and it doesn't have soap in it to cause buildup. Plus it doesn't cause bubbles in my diaper laundry so I don't have to keep rinsing until all the bubbles are gone.

I'm also going to make some wipe solution today. I just need to get a spray bottle to put it in. The recipe I'm using is:
2 cups distilled water (I'm boiling my tap water - distilled water keeps the solution from going bad too soon)
2 TBSP baby soap (I'm using Johnson's nightime baby wash)
2 tsp baby oil (I'm using Johnson's baby oil lavender scent)
a drop or two of Tea Tree Essential Oil and you could use a drop or two of Lavender Essential Oil but I figure I'm using the lavender scented oil and wash so I have that already)

No comments: